Roulette Betting System
The game of roulette is very simple to understand. This game can be addicting as well but this also has a very complicated betting system. If you are lucky enough, roulette can let you win really big amounts. However, it takes a whole article to explain everything about roulette's betting system. In roulette, you will be amazed at how many betting options are involved in such a simple game.
There are two major types of betting options at roulette game, these are called the inside bets and the outside bets.
Inside Bets: The inside bets consist of bets made from specific numbers within the number layout, sometimes you can also bet on combinations of numbers. Bear in mind that the total of your bets should add up to the table minimum, since all roulette tables have minimum betting.
1. Straight up bet This is the simplest bet at the roulette wheel. You can choose one of any of the 38 numbers. If you are lucky and your bet wins you will get 35:1 payout.
2. Split bet Your single bet can bet on two numbers at the table layout. You will simply put your bet on the line that separates your two chosen numbers. The winner will get 17:1 to either number that comes up.
3. Street bet This kind of bet is not like the split bet. This bet allow players to bet on three numbers with only one bet, he can do this by placing their chips on the outside row of their chosen numbers. For example, you choose the numbers 1, 2 and 3. Simply put your bet on the outside border of the number 3. The winner will get 11:1.
4. Corner bet This bet is another combination bet. This bet allows players to bet on four adjacent numbers. This is done by placing the bets at the point of where the four chosen numbers meet. This is the corner position of the four numbers. This is oftentimes called the square bet. The winner will get 8:1.
5. Five number bet As its name implies, players can bet on five numbers. To do this, simply put the chips at the intersection of the numbers 0 and 1 on its corner. Be sure not to put it at the corner that joins the 0 and 1 but on the other corner. Players can get 6:1 if any of the following comes out, 0, 00, 1, 2 and 3. However, this the worst bet players can do at roulette table.
Outside Bets: Like in inside betting, outside bets are the ones placed outside the main 38 numbers layout. Players cannot win on 0 and 00 results.
1. Red or Black This is simply choosing to bet on either the red number or the black number. This betting option is the most common betting form in roulette. The winner will get 1:1.
2. Odd or Even Just like in red or black bets, players get to choose to bet on either the odd number or the even number. 0 and 00 does not count as either. Players will get 1:1.
3. Low or High The low bets are from numbers 1 to 18 while the high numbers are from 19 to 36. Again this is even money bet. Players will get 1:1.
4. Columns At the end of the number layout are the numbers "2 to 1". Every box belongs to a column, players can choose between these two columns. Players are paid 2:1.
5. Dozens The numbers belongs to dozen, the first dozen are the first 12 numbers, the second dozen are the numbers 13 to 24 and the third dozen are the numbers 25 to 36. Players can put their bet on the rectangular box located below between the red or black, odd or even and so on. The boxes are labeled with 1st 12, 2nd 12 and 3rd 12. The winner will get 2:1.
This is not as complicated as it seems, not like in other casino games. But you still have to learn it in a considerable length of time and memorize each betting and payout options.